Microsoft E5 Custom Domain
Get your shiny custom domain for your E5 developer account.
Make sure you have your E5 developer account set up.
If you haven't then follow this guide: E5 Guide
1. Get your domain
- Go to this website and sign up.
New Domainand fill up the domain name you want. Example:
server namesfor the
Check for correctness of:and set
NS2.HE.NETfor Name2, and accordingly for
NS3.HE.NET, NS4.HE.NET, NS5.HE.NET.
We will be changing this to cloudflare nameservers so it won't actually matter what you put here as long as they are valid nameservers.
- Wait for 24hours (i think), or few days to get the domain registered. You will receive an email when that happens.
2. Cloudflare Setup
- Add your website to cloudflare and change your nameservers to the ones provided by cloudflare.
- It might take an hour or so for your domain to appear in cloudflare.
3. Mircosoft Admin Center
- Go to your admin center and to this page: Manage Domains
Add a new domainand add your new
- It will now ask you to verify your domain. Choose the first option aka
Add a TXT record to the domain's DNS records.
4. Back to cloudflare
- Go to DNS management for your website. Add a new new record with
@as name and
MS=ms########(unique ID from the admin center) as your content. Set TTL to
5. Validate your TXT Record
- You can use this website to validate if TXT record has been updated.
- After adding those records, click verify and it should do so without errors.
6. More DNS setup
The instruction on the microsoft page can be misleading/confusing. So follow these instructions.
Assuming my domain is
something.eu.org, the page will ask you to add
something as your host name, but literally adding
something will give you error like
We didn't detect that you added this record. We are supposed to use
@ for this case in the host name.
Go to the DNS management and add a new record. Use
MX as type,
@ as name, and copy the "Points to address or value" value in your microsoft page and use it as content. Set
0 for priority and
1hr for TTL.
CNAME as type for a new record, set the
autodiscover as your name,
autodiscover.outlook.com as your target and
1hr for TTL.
This value is same for everyone.
Make sure to set the
Proxy Status as
Add a new record. Use
TXT as type,
@ as name, and copy the TXT value (it should be
v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all) in your microsoft page and use it as content. Set TTL to
- Enjoy using your custom domain.